Finding the perfect mattress topper can be difficult by anyone’s standards, whether you suffer from sleep disorders or health conditions or are simply fussy with your sleep environment.
So what do you do if you’re a heavier person struggling to find the correct and most comfortable sleeping position?
Those people who are slightly on the heavier side may find that, from time to time, they suffer from more aches and pains or back problems than others, which is why finding the correct sleeping surface is detrimental not only to your physical health, but your mental well-being too, after all, lack of sleep can soon lead to stress, anxiety, fatigue, and depression.
With the help of my research, hopefully, by the end of today, you’ll be on your way to improved sleep quality with a new mattress topper.
Our Top Recommendation for Mattress Toppers For a Heavy Person!
- Advanced Copper Memory
- Unparalleled Comfort
- Cooling Design
- Versatile Use
Best Mattress Toppers For Heavier People
Luckily, I’ve taken away all the hard work when it comes to researching the best mattress toppers for a heavy person to get you that elusive night’s sleep.
I have uncovered some of the best mattress toppers on the market that will offer support, comfort, and, most importantly, a restful night’s sleep.
Recognizing the unique challenges faced by those on the heavier side, I set out to explore options that address the common issues of discomfort, aches, and back problems, and you’ll be glad to hear I have found some amazing products.
So, without further adieu, let’s delve into the world of mattress toppers and get you on your way to a great night’s slumber.
Here are my top picks:
- Sleepyhead 3″ Copper-Infused Memory Foam Topper
- ORTHOMTEX 3″ Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Sleep Innovations Dual Layer 4″ Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR Supreme 3″ Mattress Topper
- Brooklyn Standard Hybrid 10” Mattress with Cooling Cover
1. Sleepyhead 3″ Copper-Infused Memory Foam Topper
The Sleepyhead Copper-Infused mattress topper was incredible when it came to improving my sleep quality. Despite it being slightly out of my price range and not what I would usually choose to spend on a mattress topper, after one night in bed with this, I could see it was money well spent.
After all the mattress toppers I’ve tried and tested recently, this was probably up there with one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on, and if you opt for this, you’ll immediately see what I mean, but be warned, you’ll find it hard to get out of in the morning.
There are multiple sizes available, too, so whether you’re looking to enhance the comfort levels of your old mattress or want something to spruce up your RV bed, you’re sorted with this.
The mattress topper was easy to implement, and the removable cover was a bonus, making cleaning and maintenance a breeze.
The mattress topper is Certi-PUR US certified and, therefore, free from harmful chemicals such as ozone depleters, PBDsEs, TDCCP, or TCEP flame retardants. It’s also free from mercury and other heavy metals.
Giving Back to The Community
The company that supplies these mattress toppers ensures the hiring of college students and giving to people in need via donations. They’re also big on solving environmental solutions and reducing the carbon footprint.
|Fabric Type||Copper Memory Foam, Polyester Fabric Cover|
|Item Weight||26 pounds|
- Copper Infused – The copper infusion is the feature that makes this mattress topper cool and regulate, reducing night sweats.
- Eco-Friendly – The mattress is made using economical methods and is free from harmful chemicals.
- Hang Dry – This can’t be placed in a standard tumble dryer without impeding the quality. It’s recommended to hang dry this product, so not suitable for people with limited space.
- Price – This was one of the pricier mattress toppers I tried. However, the quality certainly reflected the high price.
- Heavy – I found this very heavy and did have to ask for a helping hand getting it onto the bed.
2. ORTHOMTEX 3″ Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Suppose you want to be confident in your purchase and get enough time to try the product before committing to your purchase long-term. In that case, the Orthamtex memory foam mattress topper might catch your eye, mainly because of the fantastic guarantee they offer with every purchase.
You have a whopping 365 days to decide whether or not this topper is for you, and when you do decide to stick with it, you’ll be blessed with the peace of mind of a 10-year quality guarantee on top of that.
It’s a high-grade memory foam, but when I saw the promise of a cooling night’s sleep, I was dubious, to say the least; after all, these things don’t offer to deliver on the promise when it comes to “cooling,” however, as a hot sleeper, I was pleasantly surprised with this. It did reduce my usual body temperature, and I slept comfortably all night.
There were a few things I enjoyed about this topper which I think made it extremely user-friendly. One was the anti-slip feature which meant it stayed in place all night. The other was the removable cover which can be placed in the washing machine and even the dryer as long as the setting isn’t too high.
The addition of gel beads within this mattress topper gives it cooling properties, and from personal experience, this significantly impacted my sleep and prevented me from overheating.
The 365-day money-back guarantee is one of the selling points with this topper. It offers peace of mind, and you won’t be left with an unhappy product.
|Fabric Type||Bamboo,polyester Made|
|Item Weight||21.2 pounds|
- Bamboo Cover – I have tried many bamboo bedding products and always find them the best for cooling properties and general quality. It was also machine washable and straightforward to remove.
- Price – This felt like premium quality for the price, which is very reasonable.
- Weight – If you struggle with mobility, you might have difficulties getting this mattress topper into place, considering the weight of it. I recommend a second pair of hands to avoid injury.
3. Sleep Innovations Dual Layer 4″ Memory Foam Mattress Topper
There are always a lot of false promises when people tell you your sleep will be transformed forever if you invest in a certain product, and believe me, in my line of work, I have come across this level of disappointment numerous times. So, it was only to my delight that I found something that delivered the goods after a single night of sleeping on this mattress topper. My sleep was transformed.
I love memory foam products and have tried and tested many, but this one truly stood out. There was something different about it, and as soon as it was in place, I couldn’t wait for bedtime.
Aside from being heavenly comfortable, this also had some cooling properties, which I found to be pretty effective. At least I didn’t wake up with night sweats, which is always a bonus.
It was very easy to put on the bed, the instructions were clear and concise, and I even found it easy to roll up and pack away.
The mattress topper is made in the USA and is CertiPUR-US certified, which means it’s environmentally friendly and has been put through rigorous testing processes to ensure longevity.
Pressure Point Relief
As a heavier person, you may face pressure point discomfort when trying to get comfortable at night. However, because this mattress topper is designed to relieve such problems, you should see a significant difference in pain reduction, even after one single night.
|Fabric Type||Memory Foam|
|Special Feature||Cooling, Quilted, Hypoallergenic, Pillow Top, Washable|
|Item Weight||22.9 pounds|
- Warranty – This topper comes with a 10-year manufacturer’s guarantee should you experience any quality-related problems.
- Soft – This is extraordinarily soft and cozy while remaining supportive and holding its shape.
- Pain Relief – If you suffer from any form of pain or swelling or are recovering from surgery, this mattress topper will likely help you rest much more comfortably by supporting you in the right place and relieving pressure from painful areas.
- Heavy – Like the previous mattress topper I reviewed, this one is heavy, which some users might struggle with when it comes to maneuverability.
4. Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR Supreme 3″ Mattress Topper
One of the things you’ll find you need as a heavier person is a mattress topper that doesn’t sink and dip when you move around at night, which can be disruptive to anyone who shares your bed and mean that your topper wears down quickly in specific spots.
So, the answer to this problem is a mattress topper that reduces motion transfer, such as memory foam.
When it comes to memory foam mattress toppers, there isn’t a better brand to turn to than Tempur. They’re the king in the industry and the original inventors of this type of product, which is one of the reasons this topper, in particular, made it to my top 5. When buying from a company with a reputation such as Tempur’s, you already know you’re dealing with quality.
One of the main aspects of this topper that made it user-friendly was the stay-tight straps, which meant it stayed in place all night, even when I was changing position.
Tempur offers a memory foam different from what you’re already used to. The material is engineered with such precision that the topper will immediately adapt to your body shape and size.
Back Pain Relief
I often suffer from sciatica, which gives me a lot of grief in my lower back area, especially when I’m trying to sleep. This mattress topper significantly improved my comfort and reduced my back pain.
|Fabric Type||Memory Foam|
|Item Weight||0.01 ounces|
- Warranty – Tempur offers a generous warranty and money-back guarantee if you’re unhappy with your mattress topper.
- Customer Feedback – I’ve read many other reviews from people who’ve tried this mattress and rated their experience five stars for multiple reasons.
- Pain Relief – As a sciatica sufferer, this was a massive plus for me, and my back was hugely reduced after a couple of nights on this topper.
- Formula Change – Though this didn’t affect my experience, some users have commented that the quality of this mattress topper differs from the old-style Tempur-Pedic topper they’ve had in the past, which may be disappointing for regular Tempur buyers.
5. Brooklyn Standard Hybrid 10” Mattress With Cooling Cover
Instead of a mattress topper a couple of inches thick, this 10″ hybrid can be used as a mattress all by itself. However, it warranted a place in my top five because if you’re looking for a mattress for a heavier person, this will hit the spot.
Not only is this extra comfortable, but it also has cooling agents. It’s the perfect solution for heavier-set people who might be more prone to overheating at night.
The mattress comes rolled up super tight, making it easy to move around and unpack.
The mattress has three layers, an 8” coil unit, a 1-inch quilted cooling layer, and a 1-inch foam layer.
The customer service was excellent, delivery was fast, the people I spoke to were responsive and helpful, and the returns process was straightforward.
|Fill Material||Gel Memory Foam|
|Product||80"L x 60"W x 10"Th|
- Durable – Of course, I couldn’t vouch for the durability of this mattress during my week-long testing period. However, reading other people’s feedback and judging by the quality, I believe this would last many years.
- Cooling – The cooling layer of this topper makes a significant difference in temperature regulation.
- Thick – If you are looking for a topper to sit on top of your current mattress, this will be too thick as intended for use as a solo product.
How I Selected The Best Mattress Toppers For Heavier People?
I wasn’t just trying to see how comfortable each of these mattress toppers was, my intentions went much deeper than that, and there were many factors I was looking for.
Recognizing the importance of a long-term investment, I was sure to scrutinize the quality and durability of each mattress topper by looking at elements such as materials, construction, and of course, the most reliable source, other user feedback.
2. Eco Friendly
I tried to find products that represented eco-friendly concepts and used materials that weren’t harmful to us or the environment.
3. Temperature Regulation
Overheating at night is a common problem I am more than familiar with. Therefore, this is at the forefront of my mind when I’m testing mattresses and toppers. I always look for products that promote temperature regulation.
4. Motion Transfer
Suppose you’re a heavier person and share a bed. In that case, you might find your partner often complaining about the movement in the bed when you’re tossing and turning. So for this testing period, I was looking for mattress toppers that reduced motion transfer for an undisturbed night’s sleep for you and your fellow bed sharer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s see what other curious shoppers have been asking about sleeping on a mattress topper as a heavier person.
Can Mattress Toppers Provide Enough Support for Heavier Individuals?
Yes, mattress toppers specifically designed for heavier individuals offer enhanced support to ensure proper weight distribution and spinal alignment.
Do Mattress Toppers for Heavier Persons Alleviate Pressure Points Effectively?
High-quality mattress toppers for heavier individuals are engineered to alleviate pressure points, promoting a more comfortable and pain-free sleep experience.
Are Mattress Toppers for Heavier People Durable and Long-Lasting?
The best mattress toppers for heavier individuals are constructed with durable materials and excellent craftsmanship to withstand the extra weight and maintain their performance over time. However, this depends on the specific item and brand.
My quest to find the best mattress toppers for heavier people began with the need to help people get a more restful night’s sleep, free from disturbance and discomfort.
After a meticulous selection process, considering factors such as durability, pressure point relief, price, and temperature regulation, I was able to narrow it down to this list of 5 mattress toppers that I believe offer the best night’s sleep for those looking for relief as a heavier person at night.
By investing in a high-quality mattress topper, not only can you improve your sleep quality, mental well-being, and physical health, but you can also extend the life of your current mattress.