Back pain is a common problem for many people. It affects millions of people worldwide, including myself.
So, I know full well how important it is to have the perfect sleeping surface for back pain, and I’ve found that mattress toppers are an excellent solution when you find the right one.
Mattress toppers are a simple and affordable way to get support and comfort for back pain relief, improving your sleep quality and overall physical health.
For this article, I have been trying and testing all the highest recommended mattress toppers for back pain and giving them all a good inspection to see which ones deliver on their promise. I have narrowed it down to the five I will tell you about.
So, suppose you’re tired and frustrated by waking up with a bad back. In that case, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the perfect mattress to relieve your discomfort when you’ve finished reading the article.
Our Top Recommendation for Mattress Topper For Back Pain
- 100% organic cotton, these Twin mattress
- INCREDIBLE SOFTNESS FOR A GOOD NIGHT’S RES
- PREMIUM QUALITY
- We are so confident in the
quality of our Twin mattress
Best Mattress Topper For Back Pain Relief – Our Reviews
I have been thoroughly researching and testing each of the following mattress toppers. I found that when it comes to back pain, memory foam is the one that supports and contours the body while offering relief from back pain.
So, you no longer have to worry about scrolling through online reviews to determine which mattress toppers are worth the money because I’ve done all the hard work for you.
After much investigation, let’s see which five mattress toppers came up trumps when relieving lousy back problems.
- Whisper Organics, 100% Organic Cotton Mattress Protector
- RECCI 2-Inch King Mattress Topper
- Newentor® Soft Supportive Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- BedStory 4-Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- BedStory 3-Inch Twin Size Mattress Topper
1. Whisper Organics, 100% Organic Cotton Mattress Protector – Best For Breathable Materials
If you’re looking for a more practical mattress in terms of maneuverability, this is the one. This incredibly lightweight mattress topper is not only to transport but adds great value and added comfort to your mattress.
Despite being so thin, I was pleasantly surprised at how this mattress supported my body and alleviated my back pain.
The mere fact that this mattress is as light as a feather makes it completely user-friendly regarding unpacking, storage, transporting, and fitting.
Certified Organic Cotton
The toppers are made using certified organic cotton, certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard.
The company offers a full money-back guarantee for 30 days to ensure you’re 100% pleased with your purchase.
|Fabric Type||100% Organic Cotton|
|Item Weight||3.1 pounds|
- Lightweight – The amazingly light weight of this mattress is its best attribute, especially because it still performs just as well as some heavy-duty designs.
- Quality – The topper uses the highest standard materials, deep pockets, high-quality linen, and pure cotton.
- Warranty – You can purchase with confidence here, as the company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. But be sure to check the small print.
- I couldn’t find any cons to the superb mattress, and I highly recommend it.
2. RECCI 2 Inch King Mattress Topper – Best For Pressure Relief
I would highly recommend the Recci King Mattress topper to relieve the pressure felt when suffering from back pain at night.
As I know all too well, back pain is always accentuated when you climb into bed and try to lie down. However, with this topper, I noticed a significant difference from the minute I crawled into bed. I found it easy to get into a comfortable position. I felt like I’d had a fantastic night’s sleep the following day.
I found this specific topper extremely user-friendly. It was easy to unpack and fit snugly onto my king-size mattress. It was also easy to clean with a removable cover that could be placed in the washing machine.
The topper is certified by CertiPUR-US and OEKO-TEX, which gave me more peace of mind about its authenticity and durability.
Premium Memory Foam
This topper uses 100% memory foam, which performs much better than latex or foam ones. It’s soft, comfortable, and offers that “sleeping on a cloud” feeling I love.
|Fabric Type||Breathable Viscose Cover|
|Item Weight||17.26 pounds|
- Washable Cover – The topper comes supplied with a machine washable cover, which makes for ease of use. However, the foam itself is not washable.
- Comfort – I found incredible comfort in this topper, significantly reducing my back pain from the first night.
- Body Contouring – Extra support comes from the fact that this topper perfectly contours your body’s shape and weight.
- Customer Service – When I needed to contact the customer service team regarding queries, they were fantastic, quick to respond, and happy to help.
- Soft – This may be a little soft for people who prefer a firm mattress.
3. Newentor® Soft Supportive Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper – Best For Back And Shoulder Pain
The Newentor Supportive Gel Memory Foam Topper is the perfect blend of comfort and support, being soft and offering immense pressure relief at the same time.
Not only did this topper help my lower back pain incredibly, but it also drastically reduced a recent shoulder complaint I had been battling with.
The design is unique, the material feels high-quality, and the memory foam held my body in the perfect position throughout the night, meaning I didn’t wake up multiple times tossing and turning.
The mattress arrived vacuum-packed, making it easy to get upstairs and onto the bed, even on my own.
Everything about this topper felt high-quality, even down to the zipper fastening, which felt strong and durable.
Two Layer Support
The topper has two layers, a comfort layer, and a support layer. You are guaranteed a comfortable night’s sleep and get the correct support to ease back pain.
|Fabric Type||Breathable, Skin-friendly Fabric|
|Special Feature||Soft but Supportive, CertiPUR-US and OEKO-TEX 100 certified, Washable Cover, Adjustable|
|Item Weight||21.6 pounds|
- Machine Washable Cover – This means you can easily remove the outer layer of the topper and toss it into the washing machine for added convenience.
- Breathable – This mattress is cool and moisture-absorbing, down to the extra breathable fabric.
- Soft but Supportive – While this topper gave me the sinking comfort I was looking for, it also provided excellent support and decreased discomfort in my back.
- Price – I found this topper to be slightly higher in price than others I tried. However, it was well worth it.
- Choice – There was less choice with this topper compared to others. It was only available in three sizes.
4. BedStory 4-inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper – Best For Body Contouring
The BedStory Memory Foam Mattress Topper is unique and felt different from any memory topper I had tested before. It wasn’t firm, but it also wasn’t soft. It’s hard to explain, but you’ll see what I mean if you try it out.
Overall, this one improved my back pain better than any others I tried. I felt like the material hugged my body without feeling like I was getting swallowed. But at the same time, I felt completely supported.
The mattress requires airing for up to 72 hours before use, which can be frustrating and take up space. However, besides that, I found it was easy to fit and well packaged. However, it’s heavy, so you might need a second person to help you maneuver it into position.
The topper is certified by CentiPUR-US for performance, durability, and premium material.
Multiple Thickness Options
There is a choice of thickness options available, so depending on preference and how much you want to change the texture of your current mattress, you can choose from three or four-inch thicknesses.
|Fabric Type||Memory Foam|
|Special Feature||Dual layer design, Combination of Soft and Supportive|
|Item Weight||32.5 pounds|
- Transportable – It can be easily transported, which means this is great for camping, traveling, and dormitories; however, remember this is not a light mattress topper, and you may need help moving it around.
- Reputable Brand – BedStory is a trusted brand that offers a guarantee with their purchases, so you can purchase, knowing that if you’re unhappy, the product can be returned. Always read the small print regarding this before buying.
- Heavy – Compared with other mattress toppers, this is extremely heavy at almost 15 kg, so it may not be suitable for those living alone when they need to maneuver it around.
- Isn’t Water Resistant – If you need a waterproof mattress in a children’s bed, this won’t be ideal unless you cover it with a waterproof sheet that must be purchased separately.
5. BeddStory 3 Inch Twin Size Mattress Topper – Best For Pain Relief
The BeddStory 3 Inch Twin Size Mattress Topper is an excellent product that provides exceptional comfort and support. It was cozy and soft, and the memory foam perfectly conformed to my body, reducing my back pain significantly.
Additionally, its breathable design helped regulate my body temperature, which I often struggle with, especially during summer. I felt much cooler and more comfortable throughout the night with this mattress.
The mattress topper fit well and stayed in place throughout the night with an anti-slip bottom.
For anyone who suffers from allergies, bed sheets, and materials can be a contributing factor, so this is made using hypoallergenic, high-quality materials which is kind to the skin and anti-pilling.
The topper uses bamboo, charcoal, copper, and green tea extract, which gives it cooling properties. By absorbing moisture and promoting circulation, users will likely experience less fatigue after a night’s sleep.
|Special Feature||Skin-friendly, Moisture Absorption, Purify the Air, Non-slip|
|Item Weight||13.32 pounds|
- Multiple Size Options – The topper comes in a range of size options, including twin, Queen, King, and two-thickness options.
- Cooling – The unique blend of materials used in this topper makes it extremely great, great news if you’re a hot sleeper like myself.
- Product Certification – The topper is certified by OEKO-TEX.
- Odor – As with many mattresses, an unpleasant odor took several days to dissipate.
- Firmness – Although this topper was advertised as being firm, personally, I found it very soft; great for me, but something to bear in mind if you’re looking for a firmer mattress.
How I Narrowed Down My Top Mattress Toppers For Back Pain?
I researched various brands and models, read reviews and ratings, and compared features and prices to narrow down my best choices for mattress toppers for back pain.
I also considered more specific factors, such as the density, firmness, and material of the topper, as well as its breathability and hypoallergenic properties.
I looked for a mattress topper made of high-quality materials with a long lifespan. I wanted to ensure that any topper I recommend would withstand regular use without showing signs of wear and tear.
I wanted a mattress topper that was thick enough to provide adequate support for my back pain but was also soft enough to be comfortable. I looked for a topper that offered pressure relief and was firm enough to prevent me from sinking into the mattress.
Being a particularly hot sleeper, I was looking for a breathable mattress topper with cooling technology to regulate my body temperature. There’s nothing worse than waking up too hot in the night.
I wanted a mattress topper resistant to allergens, dust mites, and odors. I have allergies and allergy-induced asthma, so I wanted to avoid materials that would exacerbate my symptoms.
Warranty And Customer Service
I looked for a mattress topper with a warranty and a good return policy. I also wanted to make sure that the company had good customer service in case I had any issues.
I looked for an affordable mattress topper that provided good value for money. I wanted to avoid overspending while still getting a high-quality product.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Mattress Toppers for Back Pain
Let’s check out what others ask when finding the right mattress to reduce back pain.
How Often Should I Replace My Mattress Topper?
It depends on the brand and topper type. However, in most cases, we recommend changing your mattress topper every 2-5 years.
Is a Firm or a Soft Mattress Topper Better for Back Pain?
It can depend on your personal preference. While some people find firm mattresses uncomfortable, others find they’re the best for minimizing back pain.
How Do I Clean My Mattress Topper?
It’s best to check the instructions on your product since instructions to clean mattress toppers vary. Some may come with removable machine washable covers, while others may need spot cleaning.
After many nights, and much research, I managed to narrow my top picks down to these five great mattress toppers for back pain, which I deem the best on the market right now, and the ones to assist you in a better night’s sleep.