If you’re in the market for a pressure relief mattress (and why else would you be here), then you’ve landed on the right page.
Pressure point discomfort is a common problem among many and can leave many people feeling as though they’ve had a terrible night’s sleep after waking up in pain multiple times a night.
In this article, you’re going to read about some of the best mattress toppers for pressure relief, tried and tested by yours truly, and by the end, you’ll have all the information you need to make the right decision and find the best topper for you.
Our Top Recommendation for Pressure Relief Mattress Topper!
- Washable Bamboo Fiber Cover
- Slow Rebound Memory Foam
- Extend Mattress Life
- Rest Assured and Reliable
- Low temperature may require longer decompression time
Best Mattress Topper For Pressure Relief – My Overview
There are many features and factors I’ve been investigating while researching the best pressure-relieving mattress toppers. I’ve looked at things like price, unique features, benefits, and customer service so that you can make an informed decision.
So, with so many toppers on the market, which one will you choose to enhance your sleep quality and meet your specific needs regarding pressure relief?
- Onlimet Mattress Topper
- PERLECARE Memory Foam Mattress Topper with Gel Infusion
- Valuxe Memory Foam Mattress Topper with High-Density Cooling Pad
- MLILY EGO Topper 3 Inch Queen Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Koorlian Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Furntic Gel Memory Foam Dual Layer Cooling Mattress Topper
1. Onlimet Mattress Topper
I am always drawn to bamboo products, especially in the form of bed products, they’re cooling, comfortable, wash well, and feel extremely luxurious, so when I came across this topper on Amazon, I was immediately interested, and I’m glad I spotted it.
The slow rebound memory foam of the topper means that it will perfectly mold to the body before slowly returning to its original shape. It also helps to relieve skeletal pain and spine problems and claims to improve insomnia.
The topper has adjustable elastic bands, which means it fits well to the mattress and stays in place; it’s also non-slip, contributing to stability.
The bamboo cover can be easily removed to be placed in the washing machine. It’s eco-friendly, breathable, and kind to the skin.
Extends Mattress Life
According to the company, this topper has the ability to extend the life of your current mattress by up to 10 years; of course, I couldn’t confirm this in the time I was researching, but the quality felt high, which tells me it would be extremely durable.
|Item Weight||21.2 pounds|
- Bamboo Cover – The bamboo cover of this topper was definitely my favorite factor; it felt high-quality and was cooling, washable, and soft.
- Zip Fastening – The zipper made removing and fitting the topper very convenient.
- Non-Slip – I have tried many toppers which can move around during the night; however, this one stayed in place, and I didn’t need to adjust it once.
- Firm – The topper was a little too firm for my liking.
- Heavy – This is a little heavier than other toppers, and some may require assistance when it comes to unpacking and transporting.
2. PERLECARE Memory Foam Mattress Topper With Gel Infusion
I am not kidding when I say this mattress upgraded my bed and sleep experience to a whole new level. My current mattress is a few years old and isn’t as comfortable as it once was. However, with the addition of this topper, I could have been convinced it was a whole new mattress if I didn’t already know.
The topper was easy to carry, unpack and unroll and was a convenient size which meant fitting was easy, even by myself.
The mattress topper is tested by CertiPUR-US for emissions, standards, and durability.
You can buy this topper in various sizes, from twin to King size, so ideal for all shaped and sized beds.
|Closure Type||Pull On|
|Item Weight||11.28 pounds|
- Comfort – The mattress topper was extremely comfortable and made an instant difference to my current sleeping surface.
- Support – I was suffering from pain in my lower back when I tried this topper and found that it dramatically decreased the pain I was feeling when lying down.
- Affordable – This was one of the best value-for-money mattress toppers I tried for this research, and the quality was excellent for such a low price.
- Soft – For anyone who prefers a firmer mattress, this might be too soft.
3. Valuxe Memory Foam Mattress Topper with High-Density Cooling Pad
If you don’t like a topper too soft or too firm, this might be the choice for you; as for me, I found it somewhere right in between the two.
This was one of the more expensive toppers I tested for this guide. However, I still felt it was great value for money due to the high-grade 40D, high-density, aviation-grade memory foam.
After unzipping the mattress cover, I left it to air for 48 hours until it was fully expanded, all of which was easy to do, and the topper even came with a handy instruction leaflet to get the most out of the topper.
The company offers a 10-year warranty with their mattress toppers and a free replacement for non-human damage within two years.
There’s a lot to be said about sleeping positions, and it’s a vital part of sleep quality. This topper provided me with excellent support around my pressure points and kept me in a comfortable, stabilized position all night.
|Item Weight||22 pounds|
- Pain Relief – This would be great for anyone who suffers from back or joint pain when they sleep due to the high-grade memory foam filling.
- Detachable Cover – Although this mattress is a little difficult to wield, cleaning is made much easier due to the fact the cover can be easily removed and washed.
- Wight – This mattress is considerably heavier than others, which means some people might struggle to maneuver it alone.
- Price – This topper might be out of some people’s budget.
4. MLILY EGO Topper 3 Inch Queen Memory Foam Mattress Topper
There were lots of things I loved about this mattress topper. In fact, I struggled to find a downside.
Aside from being extremely comfortable, this was also cooling, certified, breathable, and relieved pressure from all the usual places. The topper was very well packaged and compacted into a neat roll, which was easy to unfold, and popped up in minutes.
The way the mattress is packaged makes it extremely user-friendly. Simply unpack, unroll, and wait till it’s expanded to its full size.
You can purchase this topper with peace of mind because they offer a five-year warranty; I think this also proves that the company has a great deal of confidence when it comes to the quality of its products.
The breathable design of this mattress topper makes it very pleasant to sleep on, so you can say goodbye to sweaty summer nights.
|Fabric Type||Liquid Gel Infusion|
|Special Feature||Cooling Gel Infused Topper|
|Item Weight||17.06 pounds|
- Supportive – Although I usually prefer a very soft mattress, and this was a bit firmer, I found it was excellent for supporting my body and keeping me in a comfortable position.
- Warranty – The five-year warranty is a massive bonus with this mattress, and it certainly gives you enough time to try the mattress and confirm it’s right for you.
- In-Box Delivery – The mattress is tightly compacted into a handy box, is easy to unpack, and the installation is very straightforward.
- Price – The topper was extremely great value for money at under $80.00 for the Queen Size.
- I couldn’t find any downsides to this mattress topper.
5. Koorlian Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
I really enjoyed the time I spent testing this mattress topper, I slept like a baby from night one, and the dual-layer design meant that I was comfortable while still being supported.
Although I like a softer mattress usually, I’d say this was more like a medium texture, it was firm enough to support my pressure points while still being soft enough that I sunk into it a little, feeling slightly hugged by the topper.
There was a slight downside for me here regarding usability, and it was solely down to the straps meant to keep the topper in place. Unfortunately, this wasn’t the case, and despite my sleeping well, I woke to find the topper had shifted while I slept.
One of the things I loved about this was how quickly it reverted to its shape, despite contouring my body perfectly while lying on it.
The customer service I received before and after the sale was outstanding with the company. They also offer a 100-night trial, kind of like a try before you buy for sleep. On top of all that, there’s a one-year guarantee so that you can buy with confidence.
|Item Weight||14.02 pounds|
- Bamboo – The outer bamboo layer contributed to regulating my body temperature. While it wasn’t the coolest night’s sleep I’d ever had, it definitely felt more comfortable than my usual mattress.
- Trial Period – There’s a lot to be said for the 100-night, no questions asked money-back guarantee, which means you can try the item for many nights before deciding if it’s right for you.
- Vacuum Packed – The topper comes well-packed, and unrolling and expanding it was a total breeze.
- Straps – On this occasion, the straps meant to secure the topper were ineffective, and the topper had shifted at some point while I slept.
6. Furntic Gel Memory Foam Dual Layer Cooling Mattress Topper
I don’t know about you, but one of my biggest bugbears in life is being too hot at night, especially when I’m in bed, and unfortunately for me, I’m a particularly hot sleeper. So, as you can imagine, when I’m shopping for mattress toppers, a cooling element is always a selling point.
I thanked the gel infusion for the cooling properties of this mattress topper, and surprisingly, it actually did significantly reduce my body temperature, in turn improving my overall comfort and sleep quality.
This mattress topper comes with a machine-washable cover, which means keeping your sleeping environment clean and hygienic is a breeze.
The topper is certified by CertiPUR-US and OEKO-Tex. It’s made using high-quality materials and has undergone over 50,000 hours worth of tests to ensure standards are kept consistent.
The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can rest assured that if you’re not completely happy with your purchase, you can return it without hassle.
|Fabric Type||Bamboo Fiber|
|Special Feature||Moisture Wicking|
|Item Weight||18.9 pounds|
- Cooling Properties – My favorite thing about this topper was definitely the cooling element, and I was delighted to have a night without overheating.
- Moisture Wicking – The topper absorbs moisture well, which prevents sweating and contributes to the cooling elements of the topper.
- Silent Sleep – The topper is designed to remain in place all night, which means there is no sound from you or your partner removing around through the night.
- Firm – If you prefer the feeling of sleeping on a cloud, then this might not be the best option due to the toppers’ firm density.
How I Narrowed Down My Top Picks For Pressure Relief Mattress Toppers?
When I set out to find the best mattress toppers for pressure relief, there were several factors I wanted to consider.
I wanted to ensure that I was offering only the best regarding quality, comfort, and support.
One of the key factors for me was durability. I think it’s important that when investing in something like a mattress topper, you get years of use out of it without it losing shape while continuing to support you. I also wanted to ensure they were easy to clean and maintain to avoid wear and tear over time.
An important consideration was the usability of the mattress toppers, something that was easy to unpack, unfold, and put into place without too much hassle. I also wanted to ensure that the toppers remained snug and fit well on the bed.
I wanted to ensure that all the best pressure relief was affordable, which is why I tried to include a range of prices. However, I also didn’t want to skimp on quality. I believe that each topper in this guide offered great value for money.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s take a quick look at some of the common questions regarding pressure relief mattress toppers.
Who Needs a Pressure Relief Mattress Topper?
What is a Pressure Relief Mattress Topper?
A pressure-relieving mattress topper is an extra layer of support that you place on top of your current mattress. They distribute weight more evenly and help to alleviate pain.
How Thick is a Pressure Relief Mattress Topper?
This can vary pretty widely and also depends on preference. Thicker toppers may transform your current mattress and offer more support than thinner ones. However, it depends on what you find more comfortable.
In conclusion, a pressure relief mattress topper could be an excellent investment if you’re experiencing nightly pain and pressure point discomfort while you’re trying to sleep.
They can also be a perfect addition for anyone who simply wants to extend the lifespan of their current mattress.
With a variety of thickness options, materials, and sizes, there’s a perfect mattress topper to all requirements, even the fussiest of sleepers.
So, if you want relief from your pressure point pain and want to improve your sleep to the max, a mattress topper is definitely the right decision.