Air mattresses can be an extremely affordable and convenient alternative for bedding down when camping, moving house, or staying over as a guest.
However, finding a comfortable, durable air mattress can be daunting for heavier people.
After all, there’s a lot to consider. You need to ensure the mattress is durable, well-made, sturdy, and has more than a standard weight capacity.
So, if you’re fed up with trawling through reviews, websites, and adverts, I am here to put your mind and body at rest once and for all.
Our Top Recommendation for Air Mattress for Fat or Heavy Person!
- Top Reviewed Air Mattress
- Customer Friendly 1-Year Warranty
- Industry Leading Deign
- Extra Thick, Waterproof Flocked Top
Best Air Mattresses for Heavy People for Comfort and Support
I tried and tested some of the best air mattresses for heavy people in 2023.
I have researched the key features and customer reviews and have personally tested each one for a few nights to test its quality and comfort.
I have also kept the price in mind and tried to include something for everyone when it came to the cost. So, whether you’re shopping on a budget or wanting to splash the cash on something a little more luxurious, you’ll be sure to find a good night’s sleep in no time.
Once you’ve found the perfect mattress for you, you should also check out the best mattress toppers for heavy people to add an extra layer of comfort to your air mattress.
- SoundAsleep Dream Series Luxury Air Mattress
- Intex Dura-Beam Deluxe Comfort High-Rise Air Bed
- Englander Air Mattress with Built-In Pump
- Serta Raised Air Mattress with Pump
- Fox Airbeds Plush Inflatable Air Bed
1. SoundAsleep Dream Series Luxury Air Mattress
When I read that the SoundAsleep Dream Series air mattress had over 50,000 positive online reviews, I just had to check it out; after all, reviews speak volumes.
The SoundAsleep company is a reputable brand, and having sold over one million products, you know you’re investing in something high-quality.
I was impressed with the overall design of the air mattress. It felt well-made, and ComfortCoil technology and a Suregrip underneath mean the mattress doesn’t slide around when used (a problem I’ve encountered often with air beds).
The air mattress has a patented, one-click integrated pump, so blowing this up was an absolute breeze, even if you’re using it for outdoor camping.
The company offers a one-year money-back guarantee, providing the issue is because of a fault during manufacturing. The warranty will be void if damage is due to carefree use or weight overload.
This is a double-height air mattress, so it’s high enough off the ground to avoid pesky bugs and dampness if sleeping outdoors.
|Color||Blue Top / Beige Body|
|Item Weight||19 pounds|
|Special Feature||Built-In Pump|
|Product Dimensions||80"L x 60"W x 19"Th|
- Fast Inflation – The air mattress was a dream to put up. It took under 4 minutes until it was fully inflated.
- High Rise – The fact that this was double height made it feel more supportive and more like a real bed.
- Multiple Size Options – This is available in twin, Queen, and King sizes.
- Deflation – I found this mattress deflated overnight. However, this was due to a small puncture causing a leak.
2. Intex Dura-Beam Deluxe Comfort High-Rise Air Bed
This was a superiorly comfortable air mattress that I felt molded to my body perfectly. It was super cozy with a plush velvet top and felt incredibly soft.
The mattress would stand the test of time and be highly hard-wearing when it comes to punctures or abrasions.
I was also impressed by the overall construction and quality of the mattress, which felt well-structured and supported my weight well.
The mattress uses horizontal Dura-beans, making it more supportive, durable, and stable.
The customer service from Intex was impeccable from start to finish. They were helpful and reliable, and the returns process was straightforward and hassle-free.
|Size||Queen (600 lbs)|
|Item Weight||19.36 pounds|
|Special Feature||Built-In Pump, Flocked Top, Water Resistant, Quick Inflation|
|Product Dimensions||80"L x 60"W x 22"Th|
- Warranty – As the mattress comes with a one-year money-back guarantee, you buy with confidence, knowing that if there are any problems, you can return for a full refund or replacement.
- Price – The price was incredible, considering the high quality.
- Built-In Pump – The integrated pump made it quick and simple to inflate and deflate.
- Deflate – As with many air mattresses, I did have a problem with the deflating quite significantly during the night.
3. Englander Air Mattress with Built-In Pump
The Englander Air Mattress was 20 inches tall, which I found to be the perfect height. It was easy to hop in and out of but still tall enough to keep you away from the ground.
The Englander also comes with a built-in pump, which is a huge time saver and makes inflating the air mattress a breeze.
All in all, this air mattress ticked all the boxes.
I think what made this so user-friendly was how quickly it took to inflate. It took around a minute and a half to full inflation, so there was no messing around.
The air mattress is made from high-quality, waterproof microfiber, making it perfect for outdoor sleeping when camping. It means it can handle a few spills here and there. Just spray, wipe, and dry.
The customer support team with Englander was impressive. The staff was helpful when I had queries about my order, and the returns process was quick and straightforward.
|Special Feature||Heavy Duty,Inflatable,Portable|
|Product Dimensions||80"L x 60"W x 20"Th|
- Built-In Pump – This was one of the biggest pros with the air mattress, and the speedy blow-up time was impressive.
- Customer Support – The company is extremely helpful. It even offers patch repair kits and instructions on how to find any leaks in your air mattress.
- Refill – To keep the correct firmness, you must re-inflate this before each use.
4. Serta Raised Air Mattress with Pump
The Serta air mattress was a dream to sleep on, and the never-flat built-in pump is an absolute game changer.
As you probably know, one of the primary issues with air mattresses is that they lose air while you sleep. However, the pump system with this air mattress contains sensors that monitor the air pressure. When the pressure drops between a certain amount, a secondary pump kicks in to re-inflate when necessary.
The air mattress is just the right height to hop on and off easily, and the handy carry bag makes storage and transportation easy.
It allows you to adapt the mattress’s firmness level to suit your needs.
The secondary pump, which kicks in to re-inflate your air mattress, is designed to be completely silent, meaning you won’t be woken up multiple times during the night by the sound of a noisy pump.
|Weight Limit||500 Pounds|
|Product Dimensions||78"L x 60"W x 18"Th|
- NeverFlat Technology – This is definitely the most significant positive about this air mattress: no more frustration with your air mattress deflating during the night.
- Carry Bag – The air mattress is easy to pack and fits nicely into the handy carry bag.
- Comfort – This was an incredibly comfortable air bed, and I experienced a fantastic sleep on it.
- Price – Some may view the higher price as a downside. However, the secondary pump option makes it worth every dime.
5. Fox Airbeds Plush Inflatable Air Bed
I experienced a brilliant night’s sleep on the Fox Airbed. It was plush and highly comfortable.
The built-in pump was a pleasant addition, as it made inflating a total breeze, and I could get on with the rest of my unpacking while it did its thing.
There was a downside, though. I was using this during a camping trip, and on the third night, it popped. It could have been down to a fault of my own. However, I couldn’t see any apparent causes that could have burst the mattress. Thankfully, the customer service was great, and they happily accepted my return.
The mattress was easy to inflate thanks to the built-in pump.
Fox Airbeds has been making air mattresses since 2008 and has built itself an excellent reputation over the years, meaning you can buy with confidence and rest assured you’ll receive top-notch service.
This has great thickness, which makes it easy to get in and out of, and high enough to keep you away from pesky bugs and damp ground when camping.
|Brand||Fox Air Beds|
|Item Weight||18 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||60"L x 80"W x 19"Th|
- Reputable Brand – The fact this company is pro in the air bed industry and has been going for many years means you can have faith any problems will be dealt with promptly and professionally.
- Comfortable – Despite me having a mishap on the third night, up until this point, the mattress was exceptionally comfortable.
- Durable – After my own experience, I would question the durability of this mattress; however, others may disagree.
How I Selected The Top Air Mattresses for Heavier People?
When selecting the best air mattresses for heavier, larger people, I considered many factors to ensure you only get the best product. After all, sleep is vital to your health and well-being, and nothing but the best will do.
1. Weight Capacity
The most important factor I was looking for was the weight capacity of each mattress. I looked into this before even considering the bed for testing, as I wanted to ensure each one was designed with heavier people in mind.
2. Durability and Construction
I was looking for air mattresses made from high-grade, good-quality materials that could withstand time, even when consistently used by a heavier person.
3. Customer Reviews
I don’t want you to simply take my word for it, so I checked out what other users said and whether they were happy with the product before testing and reviewing each mattress.
Of course, no air bed would be worth a recommendation if it didn’t provide a comfortable and quality night’s sleep. I can vouch for each of the above air mattresses, having slept well on them myself.
Lastly, I looked at the price brackets for each air mattress; I wanted to ensure there was something for everyone regarding the budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s see what other people are inquiring about when looking for air mattresses for heavier people.
What Should I Prioritize When Choosing an Air Mattress for Heavier Individuals?
Consider weight capacity, durability, and support in your selection. Look for mattresses explicitly designed to accommodate higher weights and reinforced construction.
Are Air Mattresses with Built-in Pumps Better for Heavy People?
Yes, air mattresses with built-in pumps are recommended. They offer better inflation control and faster setup, enhancing support for heavier individuals.
Why Is Mattress Height Important for Heavier Sleepers?
Taller mattresses often provide better support and comfort for heavy individuals. Look for options with increased height to prevent dipping and promote proper spinal alignment.
How Can I Ensure Longevity in an Air Mattress for Heavy Individuals?
Opt for mattresses with high-quality materials and strong seams. Regularly monitor inflation levels and avoid exceeding weight limits to extend the mattress’s lifespan.
Do Air Mattresses for Heavy People Come with Warranty Coverage?
Yes, many manufacturers offer warranty coverage for their air mattresses. Check for warranties that address weight-related concerns if you’re unsure.
Key things to prioritize are weight capacity, quality, branding, and durability, so keep these things in mind before parting with your hard-earned money.
If you need an option for outdoor purposes, check out my guide to the best truck bed air mattresses so you can sleep on the move.