We know that when it comes to selecting a mattress topper for scoliosis, it can be a tricky decision. You need to make sure that you find the perfect one that will improve your sleep, reduce pain, and increase comfort.
It’s important to remember that what works for one person might not work for you, so researching before purchasing is vital.
As it’s crucial to look at all the factors of your mattress topper to ensure it’s tailored to your specific needs, I’ve put together this informative guide.
I’ve been able to test each one of these mattresses for a period of time deemed enough to judge whether or not they can help with scoliosis and if they’re worth the investment.
Our Top Recommendation for Mattress Topper For Scoliosis!
- Ergonomic Queen Topper
- 3-Zone Support
- Cooling Mattress Topper
- Breathable Topper With Smart Cover
Best Mattress Toppers for Sleeping with Scoliosis – My Results
The ideal mattress for scoliosis depends on the severity of your condition and your sleeping position.
You may prefer a firmer mattress for more support or a softer one for pressure relief.
Ultimately, you’ll want a mattress that reduces pain and discomfort while promoting restful sleep.
This is why I’ve compiled a list of a mixture of mattress toppers that are comfortable in their own way.
My goal is to ensure that no matter what your circumstances, by the end of today, you’ll feel confident that you can find a mattress topper that will significantly enhance your sleep quality.
Here are my top picks:
- Dormeo Mattress Topper
- Pure Green Natural Latex Mattress Topper
- ViscoSoft 3” Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- BedLuxury Mattress Topper
- ABENE Mattress Topper
1. Dormeo Mattress Topper – Best for Temperature Regulation
I decided to try this mattress because it claimed to help with temperature regulation. I’m often skeptical when companies offer products that are meant to help cool you down because, most of the time, they don’t live up to expectations.
Having said that, while I wouldn’t say I was exceptionally cool throughout the night, I definitely didn’t wake up feeling overheated, which is a common occurrence for me, so overall, I was pleased.
This topper was extremely user-friendly. It was easy to fit using the elastic straps and didn’t move around during the night.
As well as providing me with a much cooler night’s sleep than usual, I also found this topper kept me supported through the night and helped with my lower back pain.
Better Than Memory Foam
I usually love memory foam mattress toppers, so I was skeptical about testing this one. However, this was even better than memory foam regarding comfort and support.
|Size||Queen (60x80x3 inches)|
|Closure Type||Pull On|
|Item Weight||26.6 pounds|
- Machine Washable – The topper is easy to clean and maintain as it can go in the washing machine.
- Durable – This topper feels exceptionally well-made and of good quality.
- Good For Back Pain – The mattress felt secure and supported me while I slept. I noticed a significant reduction in back pain the following morning.
- Price – This is one of the more costly options that might be out of reach for some buyers.
- Heavy – The mattress topper is considerably heavier than others I’ve tried before and could be difficult for someone to maneuver alone.
2. Pure Green Natural Latex Mattress Topper – Best for Adding Softness to the Surface of Your Current Mattress
I understand everyone has different preferences regarding sleep position and surface, but personally, I prefer a “sleeping on a cloud” type of mattress or topper. So when I came across the Pure Green Mattress Topper and saw that’s what it was offering, I had to try it.
Overall, I was very impressed and slept soundly on this ultra-soft topper. I also felt that I woke feeling more refreshed than usual. The only problem was I didn’t want to get out of bed in the morning.
The mattress topper was easy to unpack, unfold and fit onto my bed. It felt secure as soon as I put it into place and stayed in one place while I slept.
The Pure Green mattress topper is GOLS-certified and Fair For Life Certified. This is something you should always look for when purchasing any products like mattress toppers for peace of mind and reassurance.
Adjusts to Your Body
The soft latex foam molds nicely to your body, helping you to be stabilized through the night and keeping you in a comfortable position while you sleep. I noticed I wasn’t tossing and turning as much as I have with other mattresses and toppers I’ve had in the past.
|Brand||Sleep On Latex|
|Fabric Type||No Cover|
|Special Feature||GOLS Certified Organic, Fair For Life Fair Trade Certified|
|Item Weight||13.62 pounds|
- Affordable – Although not as low cost as others I’ve tested, I think this mattress topper is within reach even for people on a budget.
- Size – The topper is available in over 30 different size options.
- Cover – You have the option to purchase this topper with or without the fitted cover.
- Odour – I did notice quite a strong chemical smell from this mattress topper when first unpacking. However, this subdued after airing out.
3. ViscoSoft 3” Memory Foam Mattress Topper – Best for a More Comfortable Sleep
After trying and testing the ViscoSoft 3” mattress topper, I was taken aback by the amount of comfort I got from the first use.
As people with scoliosis often struggle to remain aligned while sleeping, this mattress topper could be the answer.
The memory foam design helped me to stay in one position while I slept, and my back pain was considerably reduced. In fact, I barely noticed it at all.
The mattress topper was incredibly easy to unpack and install onto my bed. It was a case of simply unrolling it, waiting for it to expand, and putting it into place. It fits securely and stays in position.
As someone with allergy-related asthma and rhinitis, sleeping can be a huge problem. This is an excellent choice for anyone with similar sensitivities.
This topper is specifically good for anyone who shares a bed with their partner due to the motion transfer properties. Meaning that when one person moves around, there is minimal motion felt on the other side, increasing the sleep quality of the other user.
|Fabric Type||Memory Foam|
|Special Feature||Cooling, Adjustable, Washable|
|Item Weight||32.3 pounds|
- Easy to Install – The mattress topper was easy to fit and suited any mattress shape or size.
- Motion Isolation – The motion transfer properties means that two users can sleep soundly without the disturbance of their partner when they move around.
- Durable – The mattress is clearly well-made and designed to last many years.
- Non-slip – The topper has a non-slip surface meaning it remains in place while you sleep, even with considerable tossing and turning.
- Soft – This topper might not be suited to those who prefer a firming sleeping surface.
- Temperature – Some may find they overheat at night due to the topper retaining heat.
4. BedLuxury Mattress Topper- Best for Extra Support
Anyone struggling with back pain or scoliosis will easily benefit from the extra support provided by the BedLuxury mattress topper.
The topper is made from soft, plush materials and infused with cooling properties to provide comfort and prevent overheating during the night. I do often find that soft mattresses, the kind you sink into, can cause me to overheat. However, I experienced no such problem with this one.
This is easy for anyone to fit their current mattress, especially as it comes in a wide range of sizes. The deep pockets make it heavy enough to stay in place without being too heavy to maneuver.
You’re set for a restful night’s sleep if you choose to go for this BedLuxury mattress topper. The additional cushioning and customized pressure support offer a comfortable and relaxing night’s sleep.
The extra thick density of this mattress topper made me think that it would be durable while providing long-term pressure relief and comfort, which is especially beneficial to those people with scoliosis.
|Special Feature||Cooling, Washable, Breathable|
|Item Weight||8.75 pounds|
- Extra Thick – The 3” topper provides a sufficient extra layer to your current mattress, so you wave goodbye to uncomfortable springs.
- No Smell – I didn’t notice any unpleasant smells from this mattress, which is common with these kinds of products.
- Pressure Point Relief – I noticed an increased comfort value from the first night of sleeping on this mattress and experienced minimal to no pressure point discomfort.
- Affordable – I was impressed with the low cost of this topper, especially when considering the high quality.
- I didn’t find anything to knock this product down on.
5. ABENE Mattress Topper – Best for Relief From Back Pain
As someone familiar with back pain during the night, I considered this mattress for that reason and figured if it helped my lower back pain, it would also benefit anyone with scoliosis.
The low cost appealed to me more than anything else, and I have to say, this was excellent value for money. It was well-made, and I think it would last many years, even with heavy use.
The instructions suggested placing this topper in a tumble dryer shortly after unpacking. I did as I was told and found it easy to bundle into the dryer as it’s pretty lightweight. This did seem to fluff the topper up significantly too, so definitely worth doing before simply tossing it straight onto your bed.
This was an incredibly soft mattress topper, and I would recommend it to anyone with scoliosis. It gave that sleeping-on-a-cloud sensation and removed the strain from my pressure points.
The topper was a game-changer! It’s thick, well-made, and felt sturdy in design. It added just the right amount of cushioning to my mattress.
|Fabric Type||Twin 39"x75"+18"/Twin Xl 39"x80"+18"/|
|Special Feature||Tips:The mattress topper is packed in a vacuumed bag, recommend to spread it in the air or in the sun for a few days before use ,so it will return to normal thickness and fluffy again.|
|Item Weight||9.35 pounds|
- Lightweight – The topper was easy to wash and move around due to its lightweight design.
- Thick – Despite being lightweight, the topper was surprisingly thick and supportive.
- Cost – This was one of the lower-priced mattress toppers I looked at, and I was impressed by the value for money.
- Not Water Resistant – This mattress topper is not water resistant; therefore, it would need a protective sheet added to it if required.
How We Picked and Tested The Best Mattress Toppers for Scoliosis?
When testing for the best mattresses for people with scoliosis, there were several things that I looked for.
The primary factor I was looking for in the above mattress toppers was comfort and pain relief. As someone who has suffered from back pain for many years, especially at night, I understand the frustration of being unable to sleep due to back discomfort.
Each mattress topper I have recommended for helping people with scoliosis significantly impacted my sleep and helped me with back pain during the night.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Mattress Toppers for Scoliosis
There are many questions surrounding the best mattress toppers to sleep on with scoliosis, and below is a list of the most common queries we hear about.
What is the Best Mattress Topper for Scoliosis?
Most people with scoliosis have their own preferences regarding mattress type. While softer mattresses are often recommended for pressure point relief, a firmer mattress might be the best solution in some cases.
Can a Mattress Topper Reduce Scoliosis Pain?
Yes. Investing in a good-quality mattress that enhances your sleep position can significantly reduce pain caused by scoliosis.
How Long Do Mattress Toppers Last?
This depends on maintenance and product quality. Changing your mattress topper is usually recommended every 3-5 years. However, some companies claim their mattress toppers will last between 7 and 10 years.
Factors like thickness, density, material, and manufacturing should all be considered when looking into the best mattress topper for scoliosis.
However, the primary thing to focus on is comfort. If you prefer a firmer mattress, some of these plush, cushioned ones might not be the best choice. If this is the case, you might want to consider something like an egg-crate mattress topper instead.