I don’t know about you, but I love the feeling of a feather pillow and duvet, and I’ve used one all my life. However, over the past few years, I have noticed the popularity of feather mattress toppers increasing significantly.
One of the selling points for me with a feather mattress topper is the fact that they’re completely natural, and despite the feather sometimes aggravating my allergies, I simply can’t resist the plush layer of comfort provided by feather filling.
Something else I find relieving about a feather topper is their relief from pressure point pain, a common problem amongst many people.
They can also drastically help regulate body temperature, making them an excellent choice for anyone who is overheating while they sleep.
Our Top Recommendation for Feather Mattress Topper!
- Like Sleeping in the Cloud
- Pressure Points Relief
- Cooling & Breathable All Season
- Easy to Care
- 30-Night Trial
My Top Picks For Best Feather Mattress Toppers
In this article, we’re going to explore the best six mattress toppers on sale in 2023 that have been tried and tested by yours truly.
I have looked at different types of feather mattress toppers to compare the difference and find you the best possible product to suit your needs.
Whether you’re looking for something budget-friendly or hotel quality, by the end of the guide, you should find yourself on your way to a totally transformed sleep.
- Marine Moon Cooling Plush Feather Mattress Pad
- ELEMUSE Extra Thick Fusion Goose Down Feather Filled Mattress Topper
- Rose Feather Down All Season Mattress Topper
- Allied Home Feather Mattress Topper
- Great Bay Home Extra Thick Breathable Mattress Topper
- Pacific Coast Full-Size Feather Bed
1. Marine Moon Cooling Plush Feather Mattress Pad – Best For Back Pain
I don’t know about you, but I have my best night’s sleep when I feel like I’m sleeping on a cloud, and this mattress topper gave me that exact feeling.
I’ve been to a few hotels where they’ve had mattresses like this, and I’ve never wanted to leave, so when I got this luxury in my own home, I was over the moon and slept like a baby.
This mattress topper was very thick, which contributed to it staying in place all night. However, on top of that, there are also some very sturdy straps that are easy to secure into place and stop the topper from moving around while you sleep.
The company offers a 30-night trial with these toppers, which means you get to try before you buy, so to speak. So, if you decide this isn’t your topper after a couple of weeks your topper, you can send it back hassle-free and receive a full refund.
Pressure Point Relief
Because of the thickness of this topper, it’s excellent for supporting your pressure points, lower back, neck, and head. So with any luck, those niggling aches and pains you feel when you lie down at night will be a distant memory.
|Fabric Type||Overfilled Down Alternative Fiber|
|Item Weight||11 pounds|
- Thickness – This mattress topper was so thick it completely transformed the feeling of my old mattress, added a comfortable layer that I sunk into, and remained well supported throughout the night.
- Cooling – I felt this topper regulated my body temperature well while I slept, and there were no disruptive night sweats.
- Warranty – The 30-day money-back guarantee gives you peace of mind that you can be 100% on your topper before committing to a purchase.
- Soft – Some people may find this too soft, as it’s so thick you may get lost in its depth.
2. ELEMUSE Extra Thick Fusion Goose Down Feather Filled Mattress Topper – Best for Supportive Comfort
This mattress topper blew my mind. The comfort was incredible, which I think is down to the fact that it’s filled with a fusion goose down. The fusion material is for moisture-wicking properties so that you can sleep cooler and more comfortably.
Another thing that makes this product worth a buy is the baffle box construction, which means the fillings are in pockets, so they can’t all fall one to side, a common problem I’ve found with feather products.
The mattress topper is easy to fit, and its weight meant it didn’t move around at night while still being easy enough to remove for cleaning.
The material of this topper has been tested for harmful effects and confirmed safe for use. They are also certified by DOWNPASS Responsible Down Standard (RDS).
The before and after-sales service I received with this mattress topper was incredible. They were quick to answer my queries and extremely helpful during the returns process.
|Fabric Type||Twin 39"x75"+18"/Full 54"x75"+18"|
|Special Feature||Mattress Topper, Mattress Pad, Pillowtop, Featherbed|
|Item Weight||15.57 pounds|
- Comfort – The comfort factor was definitely this toppers star feature for me. It was like a soft hug from the land of slumber.
- Durable – Though I could only test this topper for several days, upon close inspection of the craftsmanship and quality, I believe this would stand the test of time.
- Dual Layer – This added so much extra luxury for me, like sleeping on a cloud.
- Not Machine Washable – It may be an inconvenience to someone that this will need professional dry cleaning to get a thorough deep clean result.
3. Rose Feather Down All Season Mattress Topper- Best For Deep Pocket Design
This thing is an absolute game-changer. I was using this for a few weeks, and I absolutely loved it. The topper is so soft and plush that I felt like sleeping on a giant fluffy cloud all night.
I don’t know about you, but I’m a restless sleeper, so I worried about the topper shifting around during the night. But those straps on the topper are a lifesaver! They kept everything in place so I could sleep soundly without worrying about the topper moving around.
Plus, it’s super easy to clean, which is a massive plus for me. Overall, I would definitely recommend the Rose Feather Down Feather Bed Mattress Topper to anyone looking to add extra comfort to their bed.
The fact this can be tossed into the washing machine makes it highly user-friendly. It would also benefit anyone looking to add comfort to their mattress, including those suffering from joint pain or sleep conditions such as insomnia.
Being an animal lover myself, it pleased me that this company does sell products from live-picked processing. Instead, all feathers used in their items come directly from the food industry.
Multiple Size Options
There are tons of options to choose from with this topper, so there’s something to suit every buyer and bed size.
|Fabric Type||Fabric:100% Downproof Organic Cotton Cover 233tc,specially Woven to Prevent Feathers from Sneaking Out.|
|Special Feature||Skin friendly|
|Item Weight||9.73 pounds|
- Specially Woven – To prevent the prickle, this topper has been specifically designed to stop escapee feathers from scratching you at night.
- Lightweight – The topper is easy to fit, transport, and wash due to the lightweight of the product.
- Machine Wash – This can be removed and tossed right into the washing machine, making for ease of use.
- Not Water Resistant – If you require your topper to be water resistant, you will need to buy an appropriate sheet to place on top.
4. Allied Home Feather Mattress Topper – Best For High-Quality Materials
This mattress topper is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to enhance their sleep quality and push their comfort to the next level.
In my opinion, this is made from extremely high-quality material, which was apparent from first use, and the multi-layer construction was really impressive. There was a soft sluff down the top layer and a sturdy bottom goose feather layer.
As far as usability goes, this topper is very user-friendly. It was easy to unpack, unroll, air out, and lay on the bed.
While some people may experience irritation from some forms of feather mattress toppers, this one is made using only allergen-free down.
If you enjoy everything luxurious, this topper is the one for you. Just lay back, close your eyes, and pretend you’re kicking back in a five-star resort.
|Item Weight||20.5 pounds|
- Machine Washable – This product is easy to maintain as it can be placed into the washing machine.
- Sleeping Position – I found that this held me in the correct sleeping position all night long, without the need to toss and turn.
- Support – This may not offer the best support to some people who need it, such as those who suffer from conditions like arthritis.
5. Great Bay Home Extra Thick Breathable Mattress Topper – Best For Superior Comfort
All the feather mattress toppers I tried for this article were extremely comfortable, and it would be hard to say one is more so than the other, but this definitely had me craving my bed at night and made me struggle to get up in the morning as I just needed that extra five minutes of heaven.
This is filled with over 50% more filling than other mattress toppers of its kind, which meant that when it came to fitting the bed and staying in place, it was perfect.
The topper is machine washable and can even be tumble dried on a low setting. No more airing out for hours on end to try and get your topper dry before bed.
The item came well-packaged and vacuum-packed, making for ease of delivery. Simply open the topper, and let it rest for a couple of days until it reaches ample size.
|Brand||Great Bay Home|
|Special Feature||Shrink-Resistant, Quilted, Pillow Top, Washable|
|Item Weight||4 pounds|
- Lightweight – This is incredibly lightweight, given the support it offers, and it can easily be lifted, removed, and carried around without assistance.
- Breathable – The breathable material provides warmth during winter and cooling effects in summer for all-year-around use.
- Machine Wash – The topper is easy to wash in the machine and so lightweight that it requires minimum drying time.
- Water Resistant – This is a factor that makes the topper perfect for use in the kids’ rooms and makes cleaning spills a breeze.
- Stock – I had to wait quite a while to get my hands on this topper, which I presume can only be down to popular demand. Keep checking back for availability updates.
6. Pacific Coast Full-Size Feather Bed – Best For Thickness And Mattress Transformation
The quality of this feather mattress pad was incredible, and if I didn’t know any better, I would have thought I was climbing into a whole new bed, and I have to say, I had one of the most restful night’s sleep I’d ever had with this.
I think it was something to do with the hyperclean feather that gave this topper its extra bounce and plump feel.
The topper was delivered compactly, which was great. However, it required a lot of fluffing to have it reach the desired thickness level.
With this being made from 100% cotton, the outer material felt soft, comfortable, and cool to the touch.
If you suffer from allergies or asthma like me, then this is ideal. The hypoallergenic material meant that I didn’t wake up with a cough or stuffy nose during the night.
|Brand||Pacific Coast Feather|
|Fabric Type||100% Cotton|
|Item Weight||14.1 pounds|
- Allergy-Free Warranty – If you find your allergies are bothered by this topper, the company is happy to offer you a full refund.
- Guarantee – Allergy or no allergy; if you’re unhappy with your purchase for any reason, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee, no questions asked.
- Filling – The advert may be slightly deceiving in that it says the feathers do not shift. However, in my experience, I found they did gather slightly in one area.
How I Selected The Best Feather Mattress?
I always think it’s important to factor in certain aspects when compiling these reviews and testing products, so below, you’ll find a list of everything I was looking for during my study.
I have looked at how I think each mattress will perform in the long run. Of course, I can’t test this personally given the time I’m testing for, so instead, I look for things such as the quality, craftsmanship, other buyer reviews, and whether or not the mattress toppers are certified, which tells me they’ve undergone rigorous testing for 1000’s of hours.
Everyone is different when it comes to budget; while some like to skimp and save and bag a bargain, much like myself, others prefer to splash out on luxury where they can, so I always try to make sure that I include a varied range when it comes to prices.
Feather mattress toppers can be tricky to maintain because they need regular cleaning to prevent the build-up of dust and allergens. I have included only the toppers that I deem easy to clean and wash at home.
Lastly, yet most importantly, comfort is the deciding factor as to whether a topper should make it to my list. Of course, when investing your hard-earned cash into a feather mattress topper, the last thing you want is a night of discomfort. Each topper in this guide was incredibly comfortable, giving me a fantastic night’s sleep.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s see what others are asking regarding feather mattress toppers, shall we, and answer some commonly asked questions.
How Long Does A Feather Mattress Topper Last?
The lifespan of a feather mattress topper can vary depending on a few things, including quality, how often it’s used, and the material. Generally speaking, a feather topper should last between 5-10 years with the proper maintenance.
How to Choose The Right Feather Mattress Topper?
This is down to personal preference. I’d advise taking into account how thick you want your topper to be, what materials you prefer to sleep on, and whether or not you have any special requirements, such as hypoallergenic or pressure point relief.
What Are The Benefits of A Feather Mattress?
There are many benefits to sleeping on a feather mattress, including added comfort, extra support, and increased sleep quality.
Finding the right feather mattress topper is no mean feat. However, when you’ve landed the right one, it can significantly affect your sleep quality for the better.
A feather topper can also offer much support for anyone suffering from back pain or stiff joints. They can also help to regulate your body temperature.
Thankfully, with the toppers I’ve narrowed down for you here today, you’ve found the perfect mattress topper, and you’re well on your way to a comfortable night’s sleep.